Attic insulation is one of the most popular home renovation projects undertaken by homeowners living in cold, frigid climates like Canada. Most of the heat loss that happens during the frosty and snowy winters occurs through the attic as it is the highest point in your home. Because of this heat loss, it becomes difficult to keep your home warm and this in turn increases your heating bills by leaps and bounds.
Attic insulation can not only make your home more comfortable all round the year, it will also help you save more than 20% on your energy bills. Moreover, attic insulation is cost effective and an easy job. It is also quite easy to upgrade your attic insulation and resolve issues or problems.
However, it is best to take the help reliable attic insulation contractors
How to choose a reliable contractor?
- First of all, you have to find out the area requirements for attic installation code in your home. For this, you need to contact the local building office in your area. Here, you can acquire a list of reliable and qualified attic insulation contractors who operate locally.
- You can also look into the local yellow page listings or search for attic insulation contractors online. You can also ask your friends, family, colleagues or neighbors for references.
- It is highly necessary to hire a contractor who is licensed, certified, and possesses the necessary qualifications and education to do a proper job on your attic. The company must also have the insurance and years of experience in working with attic insulation in cold, frigid climates.
- Most contractors offer a 10 year warranty on the job done. So if your contractor shies away from offering extended period warranty, you should look elsewhere.
- Always opt for a contractor who is ready to give his prospects a list of references. Your job is to follow up and obtain first hand feedback from the latest clients. Quiz them about the quality of work done, how long the contractor took to complete the job, if he finished it on time, efficiency and competence of the workers, the budget, cleanliness of the site, how well they handled the unforeseen problems. Last but not the least, ask these previous clients if they were happy with the results.
Reputation and skill of the contractor are the two key factors while selecting attic insulation contractors
. Instead of relying on website testimonials which may be faked, it is important to talk to real life previous clients. You can also keep an eye on public online forums and discussion boards where previous clients tend to spill out the truth. It is not possible for any contractor to make every client happy, but too many negative reviews should be deemed as a danger signal.